Michelle writes in stereotypical pink.
Max writes in stereotypical blue.
But don't get it twisted. We are not stereotypical.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sleep Deprivation: Gender Differences

So everyone handles sleep differently, which I have gotten a crash course in since moving in with my lady. The past couple weeks have really tested both HGITW and I in the realm of withholding sleep (her due to work and I due to school). Some people can go long periods without sleep. Nope, not us. HGITW and I handle sleep very, very differently. After being up for about 24 hours in a row, my skin glows green and my eyes turn red. Basically, I begin to go Hulk Smash on any comment directed at me that has even a hint of criticism or sarcasm. Even that weirdo on the bus is sure to get a double dose of the evil eye and a invitation for a round of fisticuffs if he dares talks to himself again in my presence. 
This is what I look like:

HGITW does not do this. She doesn't become particularly upset at little things or picks fights. Instead, she becomes bat-shit crazy. Now, I'm not talking about being so tired that things become hazy and you feel like you are in a dream. I am talking about detention in a facility for the mentally insane. That type of crazy. Strings of words and sentences come out of her mouth that should never go together. Her eyes flip back into her head and I'm pretty sure some 4th dimension devil baby takes hold of her. Then when she finally does sleep, she wakes me up to pearls of wisdom such as "get off the regular personnel blog". When I ask her what the hell that means, she says "oh forget it", then falls back asleep. She has no recollection in the morning that this ever happened. The best part about this is that she said "oh forget it" when she tries to explain to me what it means. Oh forget it, you obviously don't know anything about regular personnel blogs, duh, geez. I probably could make a whole separate blog about the ridiculous things that she says while sleeping. I can't judge her too badly though because I have been known to be a night babbler from time to time also. 

Not cool, Max.-Not cool!-Way over-exaggerating here, guys.-Do not believe what you are reading. 
Max loves it when I don't get sleep. Loves. When I get exhausted, I want attention and affection. And he feels appreciated. I start calling him "honey" and talking in a sleepy voice, and he thinks it is sooo cute. It's one of the only times that I am mostly calm and sweet, and he's even told me I should get less sleep more often. But ya know what, Max? If you want to say that I get all bat-shit crazy, I'm going to take that as a challenge! It's on, bucko. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOLed at "Get off the regular personnel blog" haha. Sleep talking is always hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting blog you have here!


    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted on How to Survive Love:The Whole Truthare moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and appropriate. Thanks!