Michelle writes in stereotypical pink.
Max writes in stereotypical blue.
But don't get it twisted. We are not stereotypical.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How did we meet, you ask?

Funny story. I was a responsible (but cool) Resident Advisor for 3 years at our college and Max was a hood rat that hung out with hooligans.

A typical outfit from 2 years ago

Well, kids on the floor thought it was funny to tear down the posters that we RAs spent hours putting up. I got tired of it and put up a sign that read, "The next person to tear down a poster will be fined $1,000." That very night, the 5 foot long welcome sign was crumpled up and on the ground...

OHHH HELL NAW. I wrote a new sign that said, "6th floor, unless you come forward with who did it, you can thank the person who tore down the welcome poster for your $1,000 fine." This sure got their attention. The herds came flocking to my door. Ya know who did it?!

Yup, this guy.


Did he remember? No. Let's just say he was "under the weather."
Did he take the blame? Yes.
Do I believe he did it? Oooh yes.
Did I make him pay a fine? Nah, I was too cool to do that. Plus, he was cute. (Also, I didn't actually have the power to make the fining decisions, but the residents didn't know that.)
So what did I make him do? I made him come to the next program and give a 5 minute presentation on fun alternatives to drinking. The program entailed drinking mocktails while watching Breakfast as Tiffany's. He had a blast!... texting in the back of the room, napping, eating pizza and avoiding watching the movie.

The rest of the year was spent making googly eyes, which resulted in a first date 6 months later.

Though I can't accept or deny the allegations forthright previously mentioned, I must say it was quite the story.  Now I'm going to fill you in on the real deal. The rest of the year was Michelle making googly eyes, while I pretended not to notice and be too cool for school. My plan was to pretty much be Zach Morris from Saved by the Bell until she digged me enough to let me take her out. That didn't quite go as planned, but I teased her enough for her to give me some sort of attention. Those couple dates led us to where we are today, which I can't complain about. 
(that first picture was a halloween costume, everything except the 'Stache, which is 100% real and I still rock to this day [As you can see in all of the pictures that have been posted of Max])

4 comments:

  1. HOW could you date someone that ripped down your poster!!???!! You are a bigger person than I! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's a pretty great story =)

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute story! Did he ever apologise for ripping down the poster?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Alicia- no, he never really apologized since he doesn't actually remember doing it. It was one of those, "I'm sorry if I actually tore down your poster but I don't think I did" apologies

    @Bre- I was desperate! Jk jk jk jk jk jk :)

    @Whitney- thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted on How to Survive Love:The Whole Truthare moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and appropriate. Thanks!