Michelle writes in stereotypical pink.
Max writes in stereotypical blue.
But don't get it twisted. We are not stereotypical.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Not Cute to Say the Darndest Things When You're 22...

Usually I am not one to shy away from snickers bars or food, in general, so you’d think that I would have no problem stuffing something into my mouth before I say the wrong thing… False. Max would probably be a lot happier if I did that before answering a question.

Circa: one month ago
Max- “I’m pretty observant”
Michelle- “Umm…when?”
Circa: one minute ago
Michelle- “What are some other times I’ve shot you down?”
Max- “…I’m financially responsible, I’m a good driver, I’m productive...This is not good…Pretty much everything that I say.”

Yikes, I’m harsh. I can’t say it looks good when it doesn’t or that something is true when it isn’t. He knew this when he signed up to date me. It is not fair to say that women are the only ones concerned with their outfits and looking good or maintaining a positive self- image. Guys are just as bad. Maybe Max wouldn’t spend an extra 30 minutes (and miss the bus twice) because he was changing outfits, but he would still get his feelings hurt if I told him his hair looked better without gel or his shirt was a tad too small OR that maybe he’s not as observant as he thinks.  My shirts are never too small, if anything my muscles are too damn big.

Well, shoot me in the face. This was supposed to be a rebuttal about being concerned about my outfit, but it just turned into me being a terrible girlfriend. FML. At least he still loves me, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted on How to Survive Love:The Whole Truthare moderated and will be approved only if they are on-topic and appropriate. Thanks!